A professional Pilates routine is designed for advanced practitioners who have mastered the foundational exercises and want to further challenge themselves with complex movements that require strength, control, and precision. This routine incorporates a variety of advanced exercises to enhance your Pilates practice. Aim for a 60-75 minute session and practice this routine 4-5 times a week for optimal results.
**1. Breath Awareness (2 minutes)
- Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and arms by your sides.
- Focus on deep, controlled breaths, emphasizing ribcage expansion with each inhale and tension release with each exhale.
**2. Pelvic Tilt with Leg Lift and Scissor (6 minutes)
- Start in the same position as the beginner routine but extend your legs straight up toward the ceiling.
- Incorporate a scissor-like movement, lowering and lifting one leg at a time while tilting your pelvis.
**3. The Hundred with Advanced Variations (8 minutes)
- Lie on your back with knees bent, feet lifted off the ground, and arms reaching forward.
- Perform The Hundred, incorporating advanced variations such as leg circles, leg flutters, or lower leg lifts.
**4. Single Leg Stretch with Scissor Legs and Twist (8 minutes)
- Lie on your back, lift your head and shoulders off the mat, and bring one knee into your chest while extending the other leg straight.
- Perform Single Leg Stretch, adding a scissor leg motion, twisting your torso, and incorporating advanced variations.
**5. Double Leg Stretch with Bicycle Legs and Twist (8 minutes)
- Lie on your back, bring both knees into your chest, and lift your head and shoulders off the mat.
- Perform Double Leg Stretch as in the beginner routine, adding bicycle leg motions, twisting your torso, and incorporating advanced variations.
**6. Control Balance (7 minutes)
- Sit with your knees bent and your feet lifted off the ground.
- Extend your arms and legs, balancing on your sitting bones while maintaining control and incorporating advanced movements.
**7. Teaser (7 minutes)
- Lie on your back with your legs extended and your arms reaching back.
- Inhale as you lift your upper body and legs off the mat, forming a V-shape, and exhale to lower back down.
**8. Mermaid Stretch (5 minutes)
- Sit with your legs bent to one side and one hand on the mat behind you.
- Reach the other arm up and over, creating a lateral stretch, and incorporate advanced variations.
**9. Cool Down and Relaxation (5 minutes)
- Finish with gentle stretches and deep breathing.
- Relax on your back in a supine position with your arms by your sides.
This professional Pilates routine offers a challenging and comprehensive practice that encompasses advanced exercises. As you become more proficient, feel free to explore additional advanced exercises and tailor your routine to meet your specific goals and preferences. Always prioritize proper form and control to maximize the benefits of your practice.